Sunday 17 March 2013

Richie McCaw

Sorry for the wait guys, been abit busy!

Richie McCaw is my next edition into my rugby top 5. For all the rugby fans out there, I really dont need to explain why but for those who don't know. McCaw is an all time great due to his consistency of performances, his ability to keep improving and develop new strengths to his game and finally, his un mistakable talent as a rugby player and as a natural leader.

Richie McCaw is ofcourse an 'All Black', so far he has 116caps for New Zealand and has scored 95points, which for an openside flanker, is a very impressive statistic. This could be down to the fact he plays for arguably the greatest rugby nation on the planet, but also his unbelievable talent as an all round rugby player.

I was late to realise how good McCaw was as a player, mainly because I was more interested in the back line of a rugby team, but it was two gameswhich I seen him play in and I realsied he was one of the greats. McCaw's ball carrying skills are which stood out for me. His abilty to pick up the ball and drive through his opposition with what seemed like relative ease. Standing at 6ft 1 McCaw isn't the biggest flanker in the rugby world but being able to break through defences with sheer power divide him from the rest.

For me McCaw is another 'iconic' player in the rugby world. He is a player in which his work rate, tenacity and consistency can often go un-noticed when watching a game. He is iconic because he has developed the modern game further from a forwards point of view, to not only be strong but also to be fast to the ball, have an abilty of passing, ball carrying and positioning. Things often associated with the 'backs'.




As always I will be giving a link to prove my point but, this week I will give 2 links which I hope you guys will watch :) and once again......... Enjoy :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KantdzslpMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujlx2YddQls

No comments:

Post a Comment