Thursday 14 March 2013

Jonah Lomu

Jonah Lomu for many is the definition of professional rugby. For me, this is also the case. Lomu took rugby to a whole new level and I think he has had a heavy influence on what has made rugby such a powerful and fast game.

I never really got to see Jonah Lomu play, I have vague recollections of games I watched when he was playing but, I was too young to really understand why everyone was talking about him.

Lomu fisrt burst onto the media seen playing for New Zealand in rugby 7s. Lomu himself had said he was the player he was because of the high demand on fitness when playing 7s.

I always remember my dad telling me If I ever played rugby that I 'should play like him'. Problem was I under 6ft and not as talented as Lomu.

If you know about rugby you would have ofcourse heard about the time Lomu ran straight over Mike Catt. I think for me this was one of the moments which made Lomu iconic in the rugby world, he became the ultimate All Black.

Lomu stood at 6ft 5 and was as fast as they come. He earned 63caps for New Zealand and scored 185points.

Combining all of his attributes together, I think you can see why he has made my rugby top 5.
:)


Here is the iconic clip I was talking about earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnyyQbgnHM


Also here is a little funny I found :)

No comments:

Post a Comment